Seniors and Juniors should be working on the College Board's Opportunity Scholarships! Local scholarship information will be posted as soon as it is available. In the meantime, please consider the following as you prepare:
- Be prepared by gathering these items in advance. Getting Started
- Think of an unrelated adult (teacher, coach, counselor, boss, clergy member etc) who may be willing to write you a Letter of Recommendation. Be sure to provide them with information about yourself using a guide like this, LOR Personal Data Sheet Generally allow three weeks for the adult to prepare the letter. Many scholarships ask for this, so make copies.
- Start working on a personal essay. Have a basic draft that you can tailor to a particular theme. Common topics include: why you've chosen a particular major/career, a time when you've overcome adversity, describing your community service background, a person who has influenced your life. Scholarship Essay Tips
- Come to school! Some scholarships have attendance requirements.
- File your FAFSA as early as October 1, 2022. Need based scholarships may require information from your FAFSA.
- Read applications carefully. Pay close attention to deadlines, attach all required items and do not leave any section blank. Stay Organized with a Scholarship Tracker
- Learn more about the unfortunate practice of "Scholarship Displacement"
- Financial Aid Night was Sept. 12, 2022. View the presentation slides: 2023-24 JW FAN
- Join the Remind Group for updates and reminders by texting @b466ec6 to 81010.
Congratulations to the 2022 Scholarship Recipients!
Thank you to our donors who make these awards possible. We are forever grateful for your generosity and encouragement. The faculty, staff and administration would like to congratulate the recipients on hard their hard work and accomplishments. See Tomahawk Talk Article for pictures of this special night.
Scholarship awarded to a UHS Senior Athlete
must have 3.0 GPA
Application due by March 17, 2023.
$500 scholarship awarded to a UAHS Senior
must have demonstrated service to the community
applications due by March 23, 2023.
$500 scholarship awarded to two UAHS Senior Student Athletes
must have a 3.0 GPA
application due by March 24, 2023.
- up to $5000 awarded to UAHS Senior
- must have a 2.0 GPA
- apply online by March 30, 3023.
$1,000 awarded to a UAHS senior majoring in nursing
application due by March 30, 2023.
- $500 Scholarship Offered by Uniontown Church of the Brethren
- awarded to a UAHS senior with a commitment to Peace & Social Justice
- application due by March 30, 2023
$750 awarded to a UAHS Female Student Athlete
must have a 3.0 GPA and commitment to community service
Hutson Family Community Service Scholarship application due by March 31, 2023
$1250 scholarship each to a UAHS Male and Female
Must have a 3.0 GPA and commitment to community service
class of 71 scholarship application due by March 31, 2023.
- $1,000 scholarship to a local senior majoring in the Arts
- applications due March 31, 2023
- Awarded to a UAHS Senior who resides in Menallen Township
- Must have a 2.5 GPA
- application due by April 3, 2023.
- Scholarship awarded to a UAHS senior
- application due by April 5, 2023.
- $500 scholarship award to two (2) UAHS Seniors
- this award can be used for college tuition
- this award may also provide assistance to those students entering the work force to help cover job related expenses
- applications due by April 14, 2023
- $1,000 awarded to a UAHS Senior
- must have a 3.0 min GPA and have participated in community service
- application due by April 14, 2023.
- $500 scholarship to a local senior
- must be the child or grandchild of a veteran or active service member
- must be in upper 1/5 of the class
- applications due by April 14, 2023
- $1,000 to a UAHS Senior Girl
- offered by the Uniontown College Club
- apply by April 14, 2023
Uniontown Area Education Association
- UAEA offers two $1,000 scholarships
- UAEA – Eudcation or Political Science Majors
- Sandra Morrison Budereck – Education Majors
- Applications due by April 17, 2023.
- $500 awarded to a UAHS Senior
- application by April 19, 2023
- general scholarship awarded to a UAHS Senior(s)
- must attend a college or university
- Applications due by April 21, 2023
- Sponsored by the Audubon Society of Western PA
- one $2500 scholarship awarded to a student majoring in an environmental related field
- apply by April 24, 2023
- Variety of scholarships available
- Handout with list and instructions in library
- Apply online by April 30, 2023
- $250 awarded to a Fayette Co Senior or current college student
- who is an active member of fire company or has a parent/guardian currently involved in a fire company etc.
- application application 2 due by June 30, 2023.
4 year renewable scholarship worth $24,000 over four years ($6,000 per year)
Student must be admitted and enrolled in the Joseph M Katz College of Business Administration at the University of Pittsburgh
Admission preference given to qualified graduates of UAHS and/or other Fayette County Public High Schools.
Please see Mrs. Baker for further scholarship information.
Students can earn $500 and $40,000 scholarships just following these steps as they plan for college
Build your college list
Practice for the SAT
Improve your SAT Score
Strengthen your college list
Complete the FAFSA
Apply to college
these scholarships are open to Seniors and Juniors
Job Corps is a no-cost education program administered by the US Dept of Labor that helps young people improve the quality of their lives through vocational & academic programs. Through this program, PELL Grant eligible students can attend CCAC tuition free. There is even transportation and housing assistance. More info here. See Mrs. Baker if you have questions.
The American Legion offers a variety of scholarship contests
Individual requirements and deadlines varies
Be cautious when searching the web for scholarship competitions. For example, scholarships are not "Guaranteed" and you should never have to provide your credit card or bank account number. Visit the Federal Trade Commission for more info on project $cholar$cam. Feel free to browse the College Board Scholarship Handbook in the library
Big Future – Free scholarship search
Black Excel – Free minority scholarship search
Fastweb – Create a profile to find scholarship matches.
Scholarship America – Offers lots of resources for families and students, including a free ebook, The Scholarship Coach.
Raise.me – Raise.me allows students to earn "micro-scholarships" starting in 9th grade, to over 180 colleges and universities.
Financial Aid Finder – Lists scholarships and financial aid information
PHEAA – Pennsylvania High Education Assistance Agency – resource for student aid and college planning
FAFSA – Federal student aid application
mymoney.gov – Financial Literacy & Education Commission
studentaid.ed.gov – Financial Literacy / Financial Aid
Register for Free Financial Aid Webinars from PHEAA:
Understanding the Financial Aid Offer & Balances:
Covering the Gap: Pieces of the Puzzle to Help Pay Your Education Bill:
Contact Mrs.Courtney Baker (email@example.com)