The ASVAB test is administered at least once a year at Uniontown Area High School. ASVAB stands for the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, which is a multiple-choice test that helps you identify which Army jobs (Military Occupational Specialties) would be best for you.
The ASVAB measures strengths and potential for future success, so test results can also be used for Career Exploration. The test measures your knowledge in eight areas:
General Science – Life, earth, space and physical sciences
- Arithmetic Reasoning – Ability to solve basic math and word problems
- Word Knowledge – Ability to grasp the meaning of words through synonyms
- Paragraph Comprehension – Ability to understand written material
- Mathematics – Math concepts and applications
- Electronics – Electrical current, circuits, devices and electronic systems
- Auto and Shop – Car maintenance and repair, and wood and metal shop
- Mechanical – Principles of mechanical devices, structural support, properties of materials
Contact the Guidance Office for test administration information.
The ASVAB TEST will be given once each grading period during the 2022-2023 school year at Uniontown Area High School. The testing dates are:
- September 20, 2022
- November 9, 2022
- February 7, 2023
- April 25, 2023
Any student in Grades 10, 11, or 12 are able to take the exam free of charge. Sign-ups will take place in homerooms for in person learners. Remote learners can email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve their spot.