For parents, guardians, and staff:
The Career Education and Work Standards, Chapter 4 of Title 22, are part of the State Board of Education’s regulations of required education for all students in Pennsylvania. The Career Education and Work Standards address four areas of knowledge: Career Awareness and Preparation, Career Acquisition (Getting a Job), Career Retention and Advancement, and Entrepreneurship.
The purpose of the UAHS Senior Project is to help students gain an understanding of their interests, skills, passions, and values as they think about their future. Throughout their high school career, UAHS students will work to build a career portfolio that provides the tools that they will need to prepare for their future. Students will utilize the SmartFutures.org career planning and portfolio platform. Every UAHS student will graduate with a plan and be “future ready” for 21st century career success.
|Project Links and Documents|
|SmartFutures Login through ClassLink|
|UAHS Career Readiness Senior Project Timeline|
|SmartFutures Login Instructions|
For students graduating in the Class of 2022 or earlier:
Note to Seniors: We understand that many students were unable to complete their 15 hour Career Experience due Covid19 restrictions. We have provided an alternate method (see "Career Experience Alternative for 2021-2022" above) for completing this portion of your senior project. If you were able to complete the Career Experience as originally intended, document your experience on the Career Experience Log as normal.
Volunteer & Career Experience Opportunities:
- Volunteer Match – Find local volunteer opportunities
- The Perry Initiative – This is a free virtual experience for girls interested in Engineering or Medicine.
- Peter Street Edible Landscape Project – Participants would rehab a vancant lot in Uniontown. Peter Street Description Community Service
- Westinghouse Science Honors Institute (for juniors only) will take place virtually this year. Contact Mrs. Baker by Sept 24
- Engineering Explorers Post – currently suspended due to Covid19
- Goodwill Industries – Uniontown Mall Retail location 724-430-0448, Workforce Development Center: Connellsville Street 724-437-9878, Recycling Center: Romeo Lane 724-437-9987
- St. Vincent de Paul – 70 North Mount Vernon Avenue 724-439-9188
- March of Dimes – Volunteers needed for March for Babies each spring – Contact Bill Long 724-322-1282 email@example.com
- Marquis Garden Place – Volunteers needed to help residents with Activities. Evenings & Weekends Contact: Holly 724-430-7258
- Ohiopyle Buckwheat Supper: Volunteers Needed! Contact Tina Lowry at 724-371-9530 or 724-329-0629
- Mountain Watershed Association: This group hosts river clean-ups and other events to promote and protect Ohiopyle.
- Master Gardeners: Any student that would like to get involved with local projects, such as the MOLE at Menallen School can contact Louise Geary – 724-439-4019 https://extension.psu.edu/programs/master-gardener
- Jr. Red Raiders Football team – Contact Chris VanMeter if you'd like to help with practices and games for the upcoming season. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jr. Red Raiders Cheerleaders – Contact Jamie Bombach if you'd like to help with practices and games for the upcoming football season.
- Salvation Army – the Salvation Army is looking for volunteers to help out this Holiday Season. Opportunities include Bell Ringers, Kitchen Help and Turkey Trot workers. contact: email@example.com
- Home for the Holidays – Volunteers needed for annual Holiday Kick-Off in Downtown Uniontown
- Fayette County Community Action Agency – get involved with this local organization to help people in our area. Contact Christine Brownfield to help with Magic & Mistletoe event firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Friendship Hill Association will sponsor FestiFall, "the Life and Times of Albert Gallatin" Volunteers are needed! You may sign up at www.friendshiphillnhs.org or contact the voluneteer coordinator at 304-376-4949
- Special Olympics of Fayette County is accepting volunteers. Sporting events are held throughout the year and various locations in the county, but swimming, track and field take place here at UHS! See. Mrs. Colebank for more info!
- East End United Community Center – Make a difference by volunteering to help our youth and senior citizens. Fill out volunteer application.
- Grant Street Park – summer volunteer opportunities available. Contact Ms. Damita Jones at email@example.com
- Big Brothers / Big Sisters – This is program pairs Little Raiders with Big Raiders…. High Schools would mentor elementary students from Lafayette. Download Big Brother Big Sister Application. Big brothers big sisters reference Big Brother Big Sister Interests NEW SBM BROCHURE (1) See Mrs. Baker for more details.
- New Salem Presbyterian Church – accepts volunteers for monthly food pantries.
- Henry Clay Villa – Offers short term and skilled nursing long term living. Contact Mr. Taylor at 724-329-5545 ext. 3452 if you're interested in volunteering.
- Uniontown Hospital – For volunteer opportunities, visit www.uniontownhospital.com. Complete Jr. Volunteer Application and return to Mrs. Baker. Hospital Volunteer App
- Penn State Extension – this agency offers several volunteer and educational opportunities throughout Fayette County.